Talk

Advanced search

Fashion loves curves

(9 Posts)
notanumber Tue 07-Dec-10 23:07:39

My friend is at the British Fashion awards tonight. She has just FBed me to inform me that they have gender specific puddings - they served the males crumble and the women diet-friendly panacotta.

But, y'know, it's cool. The whole size zero thing is just the media kicking up a fuss. Fashion really really loves real women with <shudders> curves.

I love crumble. I wonder if it's mango crumble Mmmmmmm... <Homer Simpson-esque levels of distration by greed>

TheBigZing Tue 07-Dec-10 23:12:27

If they tried to give me a 'diet' pudding, I'd say "No thanks, I'll have what the normal people are having."

British Fashion Awards - FAIL

dittany Tue 07-Dec-10 23:45:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

walkinginaWUKTERwonderland Wed 08-Dec-10 20:26:15

That's beyond parody. Really.

winnybella Wed 08-Dec-10 20:27:36

Nooo. Maybe all the women at her table ordered panacotta? I find it hard to believe, tbh.

RamblingRosa Wed 08-Dec-10 20:39:33

Just goes to show how little I know. I would have thought a pannacotta would be more fattening. Isn't pannacotta all creamy. Whereas a crumble is healthy (don't shatter my illusions...it's got fruit in it, ergo it's healthy in my book grin).

I would be furious if someone tried to tell me I couldn't have the pudding I wanted because the desserts were gendered. WTF?

sethstarkaddersmum Wed 08-Dec-10 20:44:59

At my friend's wedding the men got little bottles of whisky as wedding favours and the women got sweets. I was a bit hmm but assume it was just MIL/mother's influence....

Unprune Wed 08-Dec-10 20:45:41

How can panna cotta be diet-friendly?!?

I wondered if this would be about the recent Laurie Penny article:

Article here

sethstarkaddersmum Wed 08-Dec-10 20:51:15

well it could just be some milky substance with thickeners instead of real cream.
which would make me even more enraged, in the unlikely event that I was attending the British Fashion Awards....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now