Talk

Advanced search

Did I hear right about the pill makes women want more decent men?

(8 Posts)
TheFeministParent Tue 23-Nov-10 13:24:13

As in more 'feminine'?

sethstarkaddersmum Tue 23-Nov-10 14:14:16

is this something new?
I had heard before that the pill made you want more feminine looking men but unfortunately I don't think we can tell inner decency from that! grin

Nuttybear Tue 23-Nov-10 14:18:56

No, but, yes, but no. The pill made me fussy so maybe that made be more attractive as I used to love them and leave them, if they didn't fit the bill. Some would come back for more then be turned down! But I didn't need them to foot the bill for an unwanted baby. Now I have the partner I think it all goes rotten eventually! I'm in a bit of a mood sad

TheFeministParent Tue 23-Nov-10 14:28:10

Ah....I overheard DH watching something on TV and obviously heard wrong!!

Hmm DH is very masculine looking.

sixpercenttruejedi Tue 23-Nov-10 16:06:01

I thought it was the other way round confused

AliceWorld Tue 23-Nov-10 16:12:33

I heard something like this not long ago. Something like it tricks your body to thinking it's pregnant, and when pregnant you go for nice kind man, rather than mean man. I filed it with 'selective-science-nonsense' in my brain wink. I would say it was on R4 if pushed.

snowflake69 Tue 23-Nov-10 18:39:58

I doubt thats true. I think it is true however most people go for someone similar to who brought them up/male role models in their life if not dad etc. I think that is how people end up with good or crap men mostly, mainly learnt behaviour.

AMumInScotland Tue 23-Nov-10 19:06:08

I think there are studies that show that what women consider attractive varies at different times in their cycle. IIRC when ovulating they tend to be attracted to obviously "masculine" faces, and at other non-fertile times they are more attracted to "feminised" versions of faces (they warped the same faces to give a range of masculine-ness). So, if the pill mimics non-ovulating hormones it could encourage women to prefer faces which are less obviously masculine.

But none of it is about "decent" men, just instant triggers about faces, which doesn't give you any real clue to personality.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: