Talk

Advanced search

Would you fume at this FB update?

(12 Posts)
AnnieLobeseder Mon 22-Nov-10 23:18:46

XX is so proud of DW! The gate to stop baby getting into the conservatory is up!

Friend of DH's put this as his status update.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMEE! I put one of our stairgates up. If DH has felt that it was such a momentous achievement for the Little Woman to have done a Man Job that he had to share it with the world, I would have decked him!

ClaireDeLoon Mon 22-Nov-10 23:21:35

TBH I would just think how sad they were to post such trivial things on their fb, not that it's meant to be serious, but how dull?

Is he often condescending towards her?

AnnieLobeseder Mon 22-Nov-10 23:23:01

No idea, I don't really know them. But he doesn't usually post about trivial things they do at home, which is why this really stuck out.

nooka Tue 23-Nov-10 05:02:41

Perhaps it's part of a bit of banter between them? I can imagine saying that sort of thing to dh if we were having a sarky sort of silly argument, and facebook is a bit odd like that (people often seem to use their status updates in a personal in joke type way I've found).

I do all the DIY type stuff in our house.

snowflake69 Tue 23-Nov-10 08:04:50

I have wrote things on fb like this before. I wrote it when my husband tried to put up a shelf (the one and only time) and fell through a table!

Some people just arent suited to DIY so maybe it was just a joke.

YunoYurbubson Tue 23-Nov-10 08:16:15

Perhaps it is an in joke?

I wouldn't read that much in to it.

Minione Wed 24-Nov-10 15:13:38

They sound really dull.

Why do people feel the need to tell all and sundry about their inane DIY or whatever on Facebook?

StuffingGoldBrass Thu 25-Nov-10 15:59:38

There are various benign explanations (she had been saying she would do it for ages and finally did so; it's something that's understood between them as an affectionate joke WRT her being more skilled at such things than he is, could even be a case of her overcoming some difficulty (spatial issues, motor control problem or whatever) to have done it). Or maybe he is a sexist knob.

Have you really not got anything else to get your undies in a bundle about?

RibenaBerry Thu 25-Nov-10 16:35:21

In our house, that would be a joke about the fact that one of us had finally got around to doing it, not a sexist thing. Dull status update though.

scottishmummy Thu 25-Nov-10 19:20:15

i wouldnt read significance into an inane post

thisisyesterday Thu 25-Nov-10 19:22:15

i would think it was an ongoing joke between them? maybe she has been saying she'll do it for months and it's finally done

Hulababy Thu 25-Nov-10 19:23:51

It sounds like silly banter, an injoke between them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now