Talk

Advanced search

Men who sexually abused girls as young as twelve cry as they are sent to prison

(22 Posts)
dittany Sat 06-Nov-10 13:02:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

msrisotto Sat 06-Nov-10 13:11:53

I'm not surprised they're crying, they probably know that paedos don't fare too well in prison and who wants to go to prison anyway? They're just sad they got caught.

wukter Sat 06-Nov-10 13:14:18

Bastards. Did their victims cry at all I wonder? Did they think about that.

sarah293 Sat 06-Nov-10 13:20:11

Message withdrawn

SecretNutellaFix Sat 06-Nov-10 13:22:47

Convicted rapists should be emasculated to some degree.

claig Sat 06-Nov-10 13:32:20

terrible. The BBC article says

"The jury heard how the men developed relationships with three teenage girls - having sex with them in cars and parks in the Rotherham area."

but the Daily mail gives more detail of threats of violence

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327056/Sexual-pr edators-Gang-Asian-men-weep-jailed-32-years-groomi ng-girls-young-13.html

wukter Sat 06-Nov-10 13:35:47

DM link wants to know not only are they peadophiles - they're Asian with it.

catinthehat2 Sat 06-Nov-10 13:36:31

Thanks Dittany.

dittany Sat 06-Nov-10 13:43:15

TheButterflyEffect Sat 06-Nov-10 18:22:06

NotAnotherBrick Sat 06-Nov-10 18:29:15

Not surprised they're crying. Paedophiles have horrific (justifiably IMO) treatment in prison...and I expect a blind eye is often turned to it by wardens.

Serves them bloody well right, though.

SixtyFootDoll Sat 06-Nov-10 18:33:13

Boo hoo
THey should have got longer.
BAstards.

Reading between the lines the girls involved were known to social services, so more vulnerable than most.

I see a lot similar where I work. sad

coolface Mon 08-Nov-10 14:11:08

What a horrible story sad

NotAnotherBrick, your attitude disgusts me.

Not forgetting that mistakes are made with convictions, the fact that you think it is acceptable to turn a blind eye to physical harm to a person, paedophile or not, is abhorrent to me.

potplant Mon 08-Nov-10 14:19:09

They deserve everything they get. Those poor girls.

I am also wondering why the DM mentions the race of the men in every single paragraph.

nancydrewrocked Mon 08-Nov-10 14:38:22

I think the race is relevant to a degree actually. It is certainly worthy of note.

As Dittany says paedophiles do exist across all races and cultures but there is a huge and specific issue with gangs of Asian men targetting young white girls in this manner.

I can't speak as to the specifics of this case but I used to work in East London and this was a huge problem in the area. Gangs of Asian men would target white school girls, induce them into believeing they were in bona fide relationships with them and then essentially traffic them amongst friends/relatives.

The MO is very specific and so is the fact that the victims are white.

Ormirian Mon 08-Nov-10 14:39:14

Good!

FranSanDisco Mon 08-Nov-10 14:45:50

I agree with nancydrewrocked. Many pakistani asian men have a very low opinion of white women/girls. This was as much a hate crime as a sex crime.

sethstarkaddersmum Mon 08-Nov-10 14:56:18

re paedophiles being targeted in prison, someone else put it well on another thread once: why would we want to contract out part of our justice system to the convicted murderers and other violent criminals? A culture where a blind eye is turned to violence in prison against sex offenders means men who are guilty of all sorts of other violent crimes get to continue that violence in prison whilst feeling that they are somehow not only justified, but even representing society.
You don't have to feel sorry for the sex offenders to think this is a bad thing and shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Bramshott Mon 08-Nov-10 14:57:42

Great that they have been convicted - this was in the news a while back I think, and the local MP was campaigning about it.

SixtyFootDoll Wed 10-Nov-10 14:07:38

Nancy I worked in CP in a city in Wales and we have the same issue here.
It is difficult to raise awareness due to being accussed of being racist.

Mispers and girls in care are particularly vulnerable to this.

Am glad that these men are convicted, shame they didnt get a better sentence.

vixel Wed 10-Nov-10 14:12:52

I'm glad that they have been caught, convicted and that they will spend time in prison. I'm concerned though that some people seem to think that prisoners deserve to suffer violence against them whilst in prison.

MoralDefective Wed 10-Nov-10 14:25:37

I don't think they should be subjected to violence in prison either.
It is often the case though.
Pisses me right off when race is brought into it.
They are paedophiles and rapists no matter where they come from.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now