allstarsprincess Sat 23-Oct-10 20:58:40

sethstarkaddersmummyreturns Sat 23-Oct-10 20:59:05

You lot home then?
enjoyed yourselves? grin

ISNT Sat 23-Oct-10 21:05:05

smile

was great

sethstarkaddersmummyreturns Sat 23-Oct-10 21:05:47

have you got a plan for the revolution now?

sethstarkaddersmummyreturns Sat 23-Oct-10 21:06:59

what were the other feminists like? did they mostly have moustaches? were they all wearing dungarees or did some have 80s style boilersuits?

allstarsprincess Sat 23-Oct-10 21:08:22

I loved it. Amazing speakers and lots to think about. I will be going again. In the meantime I have bought the books and T-shirt.

Seriously though, it was great to meet some wonderful women and be inspired on how to take action.

ISNT Sat 23-Oct-10 21:13:39

I spotted about 4 pairs of dungarees grin

Seriously though, the other feminists were mostly like me. ie beautiful, eloquent, exuding an air of quiet sophistication. wink

It was lovely meeting everyone, really brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a new role model grin

sethstarkaddersmummyreturns Sat 23-Oct-10 21:17:45

who? who? who? was it one of the other MNers?

LeninGhoul Sat 23-Oct-10 21:18:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeninGhoul Sat 23-Oct-10 21:18:33

allstarsprincess Sat 23-Oct-10 21:20:32

You are all my heroes! I have much to learn. Teach me.

Are any of you going to reclaim the night? I have signed up some others to come along and march.

sethstarkaddersmummyreturns Sat 23-Oct-10 21:21:21

glad you lot all had such a great time, though you could tell the thing was going extremely well from the live stream.

night all. look forward to hearing more.

dittany Sat 23-Oct-10 21:21:41

ISNT Sat 23-Oct-10 21:21:43

When I grow up I want to be like helena kennedy QC blush

There were loads of other amazing speakers too. Really. it was great.

I am worn out too and am going to bed after this sandwich smile

ISNT Sat 23-Oct-10 21:24:47

Yes, many of us met at euston, then we met at the cafe. Also spotted people going around with MN badges / labels on! Was very exciting - there were about 15/20 of us I reckon. We all went for a drink afterwards too.

It was a very exciting day - 1000 women (and a handful of men!) with one shared commonality, all talking about it. Some of the speakers were really rousing. It was great.

EvilAntsAndMiasmas Sat 23-Oct-10 21:32:02

Ahhhhhh hello!!!

God it was lovely to meet you all

So you lot were watching the live stream then? Helena Kennedy QC and Finn Mackay (as ever) were my pick of the day - have a total ethics crush on both of them TBH). Pretty much the whole of "reports from the global women's movement" was fascinating too.

I wish it could be Christmas the feminist conference every day

I am def going to reclaim the night too - and just persuaded DP to come to the rally/after party - 27th November for that I think.

EvilAntsAndMiasmas Sat 23-Oct-10 21:33:16

In awe of Sakura coming all the way from Japan (for goodness sake) with her two extremely cute kids too

tiredofchallenge Sat 23-Oct-10 21:52:12

Hi All!

Conference was great - I even managed to overcome my lurking tendancies to say hello to a few of you! Unfortunately I couldn't stay for drinks (had to get train), maybe next year!

My dd had a great time at the 7-11 workshop too, and is now all fired up about gender stereotyping, so hopefully the next generation of feminists is starting to come through smile

AppleTreeWick Sat 23-Oct-10 22:18:38

Hullo!

It was great. Great stuff from all the speakers hard to pick a fave (FinnM snurk).

Lovely to meet everyone!

hester Sat 23-Oct-10 22:38:08

Oh, I wish I'd been there!
Glad you all had a good time.

tabouleh Sat 23-Oct-10 22:39:14

Hello everyone I met today! And hello to everyone else interested in our reports on the conference. I am sure we will all be able to give you some info about the different sessions tomorrow.

In the meantime anyone who wants to sample the atmosphere have a look at the "live stream" thread and the link on there takes you to some video. Also dittany posted the twitter link and you can see some quotes from the speeches.

It was brilliant meeting the MN feminists who made it - it was the MN feminist section come to life and no men butting in to our convo grin

The whole atmosphere at the conference was amazing: unlike anything else I had ever been to. We women are powerful!

It was so obvious that everyone respected each other and was not judging each other's appearance etc.

Highlightsfor me : 1000 feminists in the room clapping and cheering parts of speeches, Helena Kennedy who told us to watch for "power" and "money" to unveil the reality of situations, finn's speech : feminism doesn't need rebranding -it needs re-awakening!

JessinAvalon Sat 23-Oct-10 22:46:01

EvilAnts - I didn't meet you! Wish I had!!

Yes, Helena Kennedy QC was brilliant and Finn MacKay was amazing. She's now in Bristol, doing a PhD and I met her at a meeting a few weeks ago. She was very quiet and unassuming so I didn't expect such an amazing, rousing speech from her!

And we did our protest against M&S! About 45 people in pig masks blitzed Marks and Spencer at Oxford Circus with flyers. It was hilarious!

wukterWOOO Sat 23-Oct-10 23:50:34

Oh it sounds fab.

TheButterflyEffect Sat 23-Oct-10 23:51:55

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: