Can post-menopausal hormone levels be likened to any part of the menstrual cycle?

(9 Posts)
WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Sun 18-Apr-21 19:27:13

I've got the mirena coil, but can still feel the fluctuations of hormones throughout my cycle: eg more enthusiastic/"zingy" around ovulation, more lethargic before my period etc. I was wondering how post-menopausal hormone levels compare with cyclic hormonal levels. I'm guessing the hormones end up lower all round, but I'm curious as to whether it will feel similar to any part of the cycle, or if it will be a totally new feeling!

OP’s posts: |
WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Sun 18-Apr-21 19:33:13

On a more measurable level, my heart rate and temperature are higher post-ovulation. Any idea how that will change post-menopause?

WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Sun 18-Apr-21 22:54:41

Bump

WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Mon 19-Apr-21 08:46:04

Another bump

JinglingHellsBells Mon 19-Apr-21 15:38:37

Post menopause we have no progesterone as it's only produced after ovulation.

You won't get highs and lows.

Why do you ask?

WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Mon 19-Apr-21 15:57:17

Ah right, thank you! I'm asking because I've just got my period, and I was thinking about how strongly my hormones affect my mood, and even my sense of self, even though my natural hormones are "muted" by the mirena coil.

I prefer how I feel during the first two weeks of my cycle, especially the day or two around ovulation, and I dislike the low mood I experience just before/at the start of my period, and so I was curious about how I might feel post-menopause. I also run a lot, and can feel how the hormonal fluctuations affect my running.I'm 45, so expect I'll be perimenopausal soon.

PickAChew Mon 19-Apr-21 16:02:11

That knackered and pissed off with everyone feeling you have after the end of your fertile period. Sorry.

WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Mon 19-Apr-21 16:15:15

Oh dear, really? I'm assuming it's the progesterone that increases temperature and heart rate post-ovulation? I was thinking that perhaps I don't really get on with the progesteroney vibe, so less progesterone might be a good thing!

WankmasterBastardDeLaShithead Mon 19-Apr-21 21:19:38

I've been googling, and it's surprisingly difficult to find experiential info about this.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in