The return of AF after Coil removal

(7 Posts)
PoppyJesse2021 Mon 02-Nov-20 09:40:36

Hi, I had my coil removed just over a month ago and just wondered how long it usually takes for AF to return ? It's been 5 weeks but no sign of her yet x I had the mirena

OP’s posts: |
Bells3032 Mon 02-Nov-20 09:42:58

I would like to know too. I am 9 weeks. I have had short brown bleeds on weeks 1, 5 and 9 but it's not period. I also had a scan last week (we are going straight to IVF due to husband's cancer) and was just about to ovulate a week ago so can't be AF right? It's so confusing

gretagreengrapes Mon 02-Nov-20 15:44:08

When I had mine removed it took about 35 days, but I had been having irregular bleeding whilst on it. Then 3 months of irregular cycles before getting into a pattern.

I think its so different for everyone.

PoppyJesse2021 Wed 04-Nov-20 08:57:59

Thanks ladies I'm on cycle day number 34 and I wish it would just arrive already ! I've done a preggo test (because we are TTC) but it's a BFN so I wish Flo would just a wiggle on !

allthingsred Sun 15-Nov-20 13:42:22

Following with interest. My coil is 7 years out of date & docs keep telling me my period should have returned by now. I'm due to have it removed soon & then will be with no contraception for 2 months until my period returns. If it doesn't docs will investigate then

PurBal Sun 15-Nov-20 14:01:44

I had a scan at the same time. Was due to ovulate 3 days after removal but then bled about a week after (the amount of a normal period but I don't think it was). 4 weeks later I had a proper period.

PoppyJesse2021 Mon 16-Nov-20 09:20:55

My AF arrived but was literally 2/3 days long ! Not long at all . My mirena was 3.5 years out of date . I was so scared to have it removed I wish I had done it sooner as it really was nothing for me to worry about !

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in