Don't know if it's reproductive or bladder issues

(4 Posts)
Anotherdayanother2 Sat 31-Oct-20 13:44:43

I started to have really bad cramping during the lead up to my periods. So bad that I needed to take paracetamol about a week before my periods. My periods also were heavier with alot more clotting. I also started to spot between periods, mostly brown but occasionally bright red about 14 days after the first day of my period, which I assumed was ovulation spotting intermittently. This has occurred since maybe start of lockdown but I really didn't pay much attention.

I've had an internal ultrasound, which was clear and smear 2 weeks ago (which unusually was a lot more painful than normal) and am still awaiting results.

I also had a very strong smell although I couldn't determine what it was so assumed it was BV as have had something similar in the past.

Added to this now I suddenly have what appears to be a UTI. I had pain urinating and urgency to go. Bought some over the counter cystitis sachets but then started to bleeding during urination.

Dr has now prescribed antibiotics. The urgency to go has gone and burning eased, but I've now started spotting, presumably related to my period.

I don't have any other symptoms but am concerned it might be something more serious.

I have lost weight intentionally over the year and don't think I have any other symptoms.

Has anyone had similar? Does it sound like just perimenopause? I am 42.

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 01-Nov-20 10:11:33

You need to see a gynae ideally. Will GP refer you to such a person?.

Internal ultrasounds do not detect any endometriosis deposits if they are present. Your first paragraph to me seemed suggestive of endometriosis because of the cramping and pain leading up to menses, heaviness of bleed and spotting. Any symptoms that are cyclical in nature and or get worse up to and including menses should be checked further to see if endo is the culprit. You will need to be persistent in order to get answers.

iluvsummer Sun 01-Nov-20 15:00:13

I could have written this! I started bleeding yesterday, 12 days before my period! Have had antibiotics as out of hours thought it was an infection but it feels like I’ve got my period! Will be ringing my gp tomorrow to see if I can have an examination! Do you have any other symptoms? I’ve lost a stone over 2 months but like you it was intentional and I have heartburn but have had it off and on since I’ve had my children. Am a little worried and need to stop googling as it’s bringing up things I don’t want to read 🤦🏼‍♀️

Anotherdayanother2 Sun 01-Nov-20 23:08:25

iluvsummer now that you mention heartburn - yes I did have that randomly for about week a few weeks a ago - to the extent that I couldn't lie down and needed to take antacids. I've not had it before. I also do have really bad acne around my jaw line, which flares up and in wonder if because a surge in testorone or something is causing this.

AttilaTheMeerkat dr did refer me to the gynae - who was the one who undertook the smear. I'm not sure what she was testing for, but I did mention that an STD/HPV was out of the question so hope that she is testing for something else. She did prescribe the pill and suggested endo - I have a follow up appt in Jan booked in already, unless smear comes back with something. Does a smear detect anything else?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in