Pain and irregular bleeding but no one will examine me

(7 Posts)
dazzlinghaze Tue 27-Oct-20 12:41:47

Hi, I'm just looking for a bit of advice. I've been experiencing pain and irregular bleeding after sex for a good few months now and I can't get anyone at my GP or at the sexual health clinic to examine me. The sexual health clinic invited me to do a self administered STI test which I did and it came back negative.

They're now telling me they can't see me to examine me due to Covid. So, I called my GP and explained the situation and they have said they're not seeing patients and the nurse can't do a smear test as I am not due one yet.

I'm really worried and don't know what to do now. Can they really just not examine me when I have symptoms that could be cervical cancer?!

OP’s posts: |
Panicsettingin Tue 27-Oct-20 12:59:37

Was it the GP who said they won’t see you or the receptionist?
If it was the receptionist then could you book a telephone consultation with the GP so that you could discuss/request an examination? Or, If their nurses are doing smears on women then, if a dr won’t examine you then a nurse should. (although they are right that you can’t have a smear because the lab wouldn’t test the sample)
Our GP’s are examining patients with gynae issues, awful if you can’t be seen.

dazzlinghaze Tue 27-Oct-20 13:05:02

Ahh yeah it was the receptionist. I'll try that then. Thank you!

AcceptanceIsBliss Wed 28-Oct-20 19:15:18

Yes get a phone consultation. Absolutely ridiculous, my doctors were still doing smear tests in lock down!

Crushrush82 Thu 29-Oct-20 07:54:31

Going through the same,plus left side groin and ovary pain.

They did my smear and swavzast week. Swabs got damaged. I just want a scan and someone to discuss the pain. So even health clinics are not helpful?

Lemonsyellow Thu 29-Oct-20 08:01:04

That doesn’t sound right at all. I was triaged by phone, got a GP appointment for an gynae examination and then GP referred me for a hospital appointment for a scan. Also got a smear test done. I’m in a high risk area for Covid.

dazzlinghaze Thu 29-Oct-20 13:50:01

I phoned back as a PP suggested and asked to speak with a gp/ nurse practitioner. The nurse practitioner has asked me to come in today so I'm seeing her at half 3. Seems the receptionist was just giving the wrong information.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in