Mirena coil

(5 Posts)
Chez13 Wed 14-Oct-20 20:11:08

Hi ladies ,

I was wondering if any of you ladies have had the mirena coil fitted after having a baby ? Ive never had one before so hearing some good and some horror storys about this ! Those that do have it has it settled the bleeding ? Was it sore being inserted ect ? I have an appointment tomorrow and im just not sure what to do ... help 🤷🏼‍♀️

Tia 💕

OP’s posts: |
Bells3032 Wed 14-Oct-20 20:12:45

Had mine for 5 years though hadn't had a baby yet. The insertions a bit sore and you get some cramping and I had a bit of spotting for about 3 months after but then five years with no periods yay

Xiaoxiong Thu 15-Oct-20 10:09:19

Everything Bells said, except I had even less spotting, maybe 3-4 weeks and then no periods after that. I'm about to get mine replaced for a new one on Tuesday and quite looking forward to another 5 years of no periods or thinking about contraception!! It wasn't sore having it inserted, just a bit uncomfortable with the speculum and stuff - basically the same as a smear, and less uncomfortable than a stretch & sweep. Not something I would do for fun but for me it's been totally worth a few mins of the nurse rummaging round down there.

TeddyIsaHe Thu 15-Oct-20 10:12:21

I love, love, love mine!

Insertion was sore, it took my breath away. However it was over in seconds. I was crampy for a couple of days after, but just bad period pains. I went to work as normal.

I spotted for about 4 weeks, and am now having my second ‘period’ since insertion. I barely even need a pantyliner it’s that light.

No weight gain, acne, PMS, hasn’t affected my sex drive, I don’t have any period pains at all now. It’s a total game-changer and worth the initial discomfort 100000%.

Chez13 Thu 15-Oct-20 21:43:15

Thanks for your reply girls,

2 of my friends have it in and both have went "missing" twice now its kinda putting me off a bit , i bled for around 11 week after
My daughter was born it was terrible and im scared i get that fitted and i bleed constant again 😩 after reading these tho has put my
Mind at ease a tad so thank u 😁 just hope its as good with me as it has been yous lol x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in