Painful breast at night...

(3 Posts)
SSW1234 Wed 14-Oct-20 14:02:20

Hello,

Has anyone experience this before.
I'm 30 years old and it's a regular occurrence that I keep waking up in the night in pain with my right breast. I wake up and my breast feels like it is burning and I have to hold it to relieve the pain.

I spoke to a doctor a few months a go and he said as long as there are no lumps etc. It is just a hormonal thing.

The last 4 nights I have woken up every night in pain. Before I contact the doctor again for peace of mind, has anyone else experienced this?

Many thanks

OP’s posts: |
helips Wed 14-Oct-20 19:33:18

I get this often too...although it’s in my right breast! Do you sleep on your left side?

I’ve seen the doctor about mine recently and there are no lumps so it’s probably hormonal but they have referred me to the breast clinic to investigate further. To be honest, I’ve always suffered with sore breasts around the time of my period and it seems to be getting worse now I’m mid 40’s (possibly peri?) although it seems to be constant recently which is why I saw the doctor.

It’s definitely worth speaking to your doctor again for reassurance. Also, have you tried any supplements such as evening primrose oil? That has helped me in the past. Hope you get it sorted!

mamamiaow Thu 15-Oct-20 08:26:47

Hopefully you've seen your doctor and you've been assured it's hormonal. I've had lots of cysts as I've got older, with pain in my right armpit, this video is worth a look. https://breasthealthproject.com/breast-health-101/lymphatic-breast-massage/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in