PMS help!

(7 Posts)
mumznet Thu 08-Oct-20 22:53:03

@DaisyArtichoke7 thank you. I will take a look only found a 100 mg one today so maybe holland and barrett or speak to pharmacist for 50 mg one.

DaisyArtichoke7 Wed 07-Oct-20 06:41:05

Yes it helps but you need to find Vitamin B6 50mg from the pharmacy or Holland & Barrett because the amount in the standard vitamin B complex from the supermarket is not strong enough. You also don't want to take more than 100mg of B6 daily because too much can cause nerve damage.

I take magnesium, agnus castus and B6 and it has worked for me.

willloman Wed 07-Oct-20 00:27:29

Magnesium. Works a bomb.

mumznet Wed 07-Oct-20 00:25:04

@DaisyArtichoke7 does this work the vit B6?

I have the same feel so bad before period. I dont take any meds, although I am taking vitamins because of hair loss after stopping breastfeeding. But what I learnt is that not to do any chores around this time, and this is all 'me' time. I do what I like, ignore my phone, and then I'm okay. Somehow I dont want to interact so much with other people friends etc lol, and its best to give time to yuorself.

DaisyArtichoke7 Sun 04-Oct-20 20:29:19

My GP told me to take Vitamin B6.

I currently use www.boots.com/wassen-we-support-monthly-cycle-magnesium-ok-90-tablets-10000638 and Boots PMS relief Agnus Castus.

user24 Tue 22-Sep-20 17:54:13

Anyone 😫🤦‍♀️

OP’s posts: |
user24 Tue 22-Sep-20 12:35:35

Been on the mini pill (no periods) / pregnant/ breastfeeding for the last 10 years of my life. Now my periods are finally back I am suffering so bad with an absolute rage the whole week before I start.

I mean, I think I am going to start loosing friends kind of rage.

Is there anything I can do? Any supplements or diet changes? I eat reasonably well, exercise a lot, not over weight.

Any help would be really appreciated

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in