Perimenopause at 30?

(5 Posts)
sleepfortheweek Wed 09-Sep-20 10:43:26

I'm in my early 30s, and over the last few months I've noticed a few changes and I'm now worried I might be peri menopausal!

Firstly, my normally regular and heavy periods are now lighter, lasting a day less and I'm also bleeding in between periods.

My boobs are tender for the majority of the month

I've been getting loads of cuts and tears around my vulva which I think might be linked with vaginal dryness?

I've been to the doc and had an internal examination, I'm also booked in for an ultrasound of my uterus.

The doctor never mentioned menopause or offered to take any bloods, I just read something which sounded remarkably similar.

Should I phone back and ask for a blood test? Would a blood test be what was needed to confirm if it was indeed peri menopause?

Any advice or help greatly appreciated

OP’s posts: |
jessstan2 Wed 09-Sep-20 11:01:29

A blood test would be in order to see if you are peri menopausal but your symptoms could indicate all sorts of things so don't immediately jump to that conclusion. It does happen to young people but rarely.

Our bodies are constantly changing and periods often change throughout our fertile years. Bleeding in between periods is not uncommon and can indicate ovulation.

Your diet is important, make sure you have the right amount of vitamins and minerals - B, C, D, E, cod liver oil. I won't list them all because you can google as well as anyone. A few olives and olive oil are marvellous for skin as well as Evening Primrose.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

charlotte2029 Wed 09-Sep-20 11:07:16

Hi, a few weeks ago I could have written the same post as you. I have really irregular periods, anxiety, hair thinning amongst other things. I was sure it was peri menopause but after a blood test it turns out I have a high level of prolactin which would cause all of my symptoms. I'm now waiting to see an endocrinologist, so don't be fobbed off and push for a blood test. Good luck

sleepfortheweek Wed 09-Sep-20 11:38:04

Thank you!

I think I'll phone again and voice my concerns, ask for a blood test.

Oh another thing, I'm super forgetful at the moment too and just can't concentrate on anything!!

sleepfortheweek Wed 09-Sep-20 11:38:52

I'm a healthy weight and eat well so don't think it's diet based

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in