wetting accident

(10 Posts)
Allison0972 Tue 28-Jul-20 23:50:55

I'm mid 30s mother of 2 toddlers slim and enjoy keeping fit and have done some kegal exercises (though evidently not enough)
Yesterday I was at home with the kids I stretched up to get a tin from a high shelf and I leaked into my underwear.
I grabbed myself at which point I realised I was desperate (seconds before I had felt only a slight need).
I held that position battling my bladder for maybe 5 or 6 seconds (though it felt like a minute) before I burst and there was nothing I could do.
I completely wet myself fortunately the floor is tiled.
I have not even told my husband, but am now worried it may appen again in a more public setting.

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Wed 29-Jul-20 00:01:05

Make an appointment at the Doctor. That will help you much more than asking on here. Honestly.

Northernsoullover Wed 29-Jul-20 00:06:13

Yes, see your GP. This is fixable and its not some you have to put up with. Despite what tv ads would have you believe.

GrannyBags Wed 29-Jul-20 13:50:35

Tena pants or pads will help you deal with the worry of it until you can see the GP. Stress tends to make these kind of issues worse, so if you know you are ‘safe’ then you will relax.

auntieElle Wed 29-Jul-20 13:58:47

Meanwhile, have a look at this website, OP. I think the physio behind it has shared her expertise on MN in the past: www.gussetgrippers.co.uk/

Allison0972 Wed 29-Jul-20 15:28:28

Thanks for your advice.
If I have another occurence I will be straight down the GPs.
I guess I am hoping it was a one off and I can just forget about it.
I was wondering if anyone else has had a one off experience.

Allison0972 Wed 12-Aug-20 12:22:34

Well I'm at my GPs on Monday.
At work didn't have time to pull my tights down
Upset but hopefully can be soted

dudsville Wed 12-Aug-20 12:35:03

How awful that must have been for you Allison. Hope the GP is helpful.

Caaarrrl Wed 12-Aug-20 15:58:06

Might be a UTI that needs antibiotics

FirstTimeMother88 Wed 19-Aug-20 09:16:25

Hi how did it go?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in