Mid cycle bleeding/clots

(5 Posts)
turmoil123 Mon 13-Jul-20 21:33:39

This is my 3rd attempt at posting and have managed to lose the others before submitting so sorry this is much more brief than I had anticipated 🤣

My periods are usually very regular, I've had the copper coil for about 18 months. For the last 3 months or so I've started bleeding mid cycle. I thought it could be ovulation bleeding but it's happened twice this month and can happen for a day after sex too.

This month I've also had isolated clots, firm and almost tissue like.

I've been to the doc and trying not to worry, waiting on swab results.

I had PID earlier this year which was treated with antibiotics, I think it's been worse since then.

Any help much appreciated

OP’s posts: |
turmoil123 Tue 14-Jul-20 08:14:03

Bump

ItsSpittingEverybodyIn Tue 14-Jul-20 08:24:12

No experience op but I have heard that the copper coil can really mess with your periods, so I'm sure it will be something to do with that, how old are you?
My first pregnancy I had bleeding for 3 weeks in second trimester and there would be random huge clots, obviously I was terrified but was assured that all clots are is blood that has pooled somewhere for a short while, it then forms a clot. Try not to worry

turmoil123 Tue 14-Jul-20 08:37:39

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.

I'm wary 30s, my DDs are 5 and 3. I've had the copper coil for 18months and although my periods are heavier since, they've still stayed regular so not sure if it's the coil.

I regularly have clots during my actual period but this is different, they weren't accompanied with other menstrual blood if that makes sense, although I had been bleeding lightly for a couple days. My period isn't due until this weekend

ItsSpittingEverybodyIn Tue 14-Jul-20 09:25:31

I would bet that the coil is still bedding in or has shifted and is causing it, hopefully you'll get to the bottom of it soon!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in