Colposcopy

(10 Posts)
DanceDanceDance80 Wed 17-Jun-20 19:55:24

Hi, I had a colposcopy last November because I had abnormal cells found during a routine smear.
I was told everything looked ok at the colposcopy appt but would need another colposcopy 12 months later.
I know november is still a few months away but I'm already worrying I might not get my appt because of covid. Has any body in this situation heard anything?
Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Tronkmanton Wed 17-Jun-20 19:57:29

Not quite the same but I have an annual mammogram in June every year & had assumed it would be done later in the year but the appointment letter has come through as normal for an appointment on Friday.

DanceDanceDance80 Thu 18-Jun-20 08:18:32

Thank you....

OP’s posts: |
Smarshian Thu 18-Jun-20 08:19:29

My friend has her coloscopy tomorrow as planned (it was booked in 12 months ago)

lovelilies Thu 18-Jun-20 16:08:54

Colposcopy are going ahead here in North Yorkshire

Dakmom Tue 23-Mar-21 14:53:08

Hi,

I have had spotting mid cycle and had been to the GP 2 weeks ago.She found cervical ectopy. She said she would refer me for colposcopy as I have spotting so they can do something to stop that. She said she is not at all concerned. GP said it would take upto 12 weeks as it’s not marked as urgent. Today I got a call from the GP surgery that I will be having a phone consultation with the GP. I asked why is it and receptionist said it’s to discuss about a letter they received from the Gynecology department. Just to mention I didn’t have any test with the GP just had the internal examination.

Does anyone had any experience like this? I am a bit confused about this procedure

Cheesestring19 Tue 23-Mar-21 15:07:42

Dakmom

Hi,

I have had spotting mid cycle and had been to the GP 2 weeks ago.She found cervical ectopy. She said she would refer me for colposcopy as I have spotting so they can do something to stop that. She said she is not at all concerned. GP said it would take upto 12 weeks as it’s not marked as urgent. Today I got a call from the GP surgery that I will be having a phone consultation with the GP. I asked why is it and receptionist said it’s to discuss about a letter they received from the Gynecology department. Just to mention I didn’t have any test with the GP just had the internal examination.

Does anyone had any experience like this? I am a bit confused about this procedure

Maybe it's to discuss the waiting times? Maybe it's been extended

Dakmom Tue 23-Mar-21 16:42:15

I too think the same, but was wondering why I haven’t received any letter

Dakmom Tue 23-Mar-21 16:44:13

Is it common that the GP would get the letter before me. Sorry for being a pain I am confused as well as anxious

Cheesestring19 Tue 23-Mar-21 17:50:50

Dakmom

Is it common that the GP would get the letter before me. Sorry for being a pain I am confused as well as anxious

Maybe they received it electronically x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in