Period question (TMI Warning!)

(7 Posts)
babydogandi Sat 02-May-20 03:54:38

Period question!

I had DS 10 months ago. After the first couple of periods my cycle settled down. However this new cycle goes like this.

I get hardly any blood collecting on my pad however when I go to the toilet and wipe it's all on the toilet paper. It's the normal amount as it has always been but seems to get 'trapped' and not make it to the pad.

I could if I wanted to wear the same pad all day and only collect a little bit of blood on it.

Is there something wrong? Is this ok?

OP’s posts: |
babydogandi Sat 02-May-20 04:12:06

It's like if I had a tampon now it would have a 'normal' amount of blood on it but it doesn't come out onto the pad if I don't wear a tampon.

Not sure if that helps!

babydogandi Sat 02-May-20 08:52:47

Anyone?

Inforthelonghaul Sat 02-May-20 09:38:25

Maybe with giving birth you’ve got some scar tissue that’s acting as a shelf? Are you able to have sex now comfortably? If so I wouldn’t worry too much but a quick physical exam by your GP should confirm if all is ok. Sometimes stitches and tearing all can rearrange things slightly. Speak to your GP.

babydogandi Sat 02-May-20 09:55:41

Thanks.

I did have stitches, everything is fine in terms of sex though.

I might try wearing a tampon and seeing what happens as I say it's there just doesn't go into the pad

emmathedilemma Tue 05-May-20 13:22:51

I'm experiencing similar but after having fibroids embolised (they kill them by injecting something in through the artery so no internal surgery). i probably shouldn't complain as the aim of it was to reduce extremely heavy bleeding but it sounds really similar - barely anything on the pad but can wipe several times and there's still blood. I've got a call with my gynae consultant coming up as face to face appointment got cancelled so I'm going to mention it to him.

Elieza Tue 05-May-20 17:19:25

Could it be you’re drinking more water these days as part of a healthier lifestyle and that means you visit the loo more frequently so you’re wiping more frequently so that’s why the blood isn’t dripping into the pad, you’re catching it prior as you’re always in the loo?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in