Bleeding and pain after sex

(9 Posts)
dazzlinghaze Mon 27-Apr-20 19:05:06

For the past couple of months I've noticed that I'm experiencing pain after sex. It usually starts 1-2 days after intercourse so it took me a few weeks to work out it was the sex causing it. It's like an ache high up in my vagina/pelvis. Similar to the pain of a UTI.

A couple of weeks ago I had sex with my partner and afterwards noticed that I had bled onto the bed. Since then whenever I wipe there's blood on the toilet roll. Never enough to be able to see it in the toilet pan though. It's kind of like mucus in texture and bright red. There's no smell or itching and everything looks normal externally.

I've been on cerazette since December, I'm wondering if it could be that causing this? I was fine for the first couple of months of taking it though.

Is there any point phoning the GP surgery with everything going on?

Thanks for any advice!

OP’s posts: |
TDL2016 Mon 27-Apr-20 19:25:44

Of course there’s a point in calling the GP’s. Start the process of getting this sorted. Call them.

CorbynsComrade Mon 27-Apr-20 19:27:32

Yes. Definitely call your GP. Today’s briefing literally urged people to do just that if they felt they needed to be see

dazzlinghaze Mon 27-Apr-20 19:32:46

Okay thanks will phone them tomorrow. Just wasn't sure as my surgery has been quite funny since all this covid stuff started.

I had a UTI last month (I work in a hospital so a nurse tested my urine) I had 2 lots of antibiotics that didn't clear it and the doctor I had my phone appointment with told me they didn't want to give me anymore antibiotics without a sample being tested at a lab but told me not to come to the surgery with a sample. When I asked what I should do she said just take painkillers and if you start having back pain go to A&E confused

CouscousEvaporator Mon 27-Apr-20 19:34:57

I had this with cerazette, it caused me to have cervical erosion/ectropian. I think it’s quite common just very annoying!

CouscousEvaporator Mon 27-Apr-20 19:36:08

Not saying it’s definitely what you have, just I know it’s a thing. Definitely go see the GP

dazzlinghaze Mon 27-Apr-20 19:36:22

@CouscousEvaporator My friend had this years ago when she was on the pill and she had mentioned this to me when I spoke to her about my symptoms. Do you think it could cause that in such a short time? She had been on her pill for about a year when she started showing symptoms of cervical erosion.

CouscousEvaporator Tue 28-Apr-20 08:00:15

I’m not sure, as everyone reacts differently!
I think it’s worth getting checked out. Bleeding after sex is a flag something is not quite right. Don’t delay because of covid. 💐

attillathenun Tue 05-May-20 20:14:42

I had this but on another brand of mini pill because I couldn’t get hold of cerazette and it was a hormonal thing. Might be worth trying another brand

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in