Irregular cycles after baby

(4 Posts)
lanlan23 Mon 27-Apr-20 12:46:52

Ahh maybe speak to your doctor?! X

CobaltRose96 Sun 26-Apr-20 23:14:51

@lanlan23, I’m under 25 so haven’t had one yet!

OP’s posts: |
lanlan23 Sun 26-Apr-20 22:19:00

I had some irregular periods after my son, similar to yours but sometimes shortest cycle was 14 days. I was breastfeeding though.
I did go to the doctors and they put it down to hormones, I also got my smear done which was all fine.
I'm now pregnant with baby number 2 and that was on a short cycle! Wasn't expecting it to happen with the crazy cycles!!
Are your smears upto date?
Xx

CobaltRose96 Sun 26-Apr-20 21:49:48

Has anyone else’s cycles/periods gone a bit haywire since having baby?

Before I had DD (now 13 months) my cycles were very regular and periods were like clockwork. Cycles were ALWAYS 26/27 days in length. Could almost predict to the day when I would get my period!

However, since having DD the length of my cycle has varied massively. Sometimes it’s as short as 18 days, other months as long as 35 days. I understand it’s normal for them to go a bit mad in the months after birth, but for it to still be irregular after a year? I’m not breastfeeding.

DH and I are not currently TTC but would like to in the not too distant future, and I’m worried that it may be more difficult if my cycles are unpredictable. We were lucky in that I got pregnant with DD very quickly and easily (2nd month trying).

Anyone else experiencing the same? Thanks! 😊

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in