Best painkiller for endo pain

(3 Posts)
Hidingtonothing Sun 05-Apr-20 00:51:02

I get what I'm fairly sure is endo pain for the first few days of my period every month. I have had a scan and nothing was found but the symptoms all fit and I'm not inclined to bother my GP for further investigations just atm, the pain is usually manageable and it's only 2-3 days a month.

I tend to take ibuprofen at the first twinge and then paracetamol on top if the pain gets intense before the ibuprofen have kicked in but that's still leaving me in really quite extreme pain for 20-30 minutes until they start to work. I'm taking both at the same time this month and taking the next dose as soon as it's due rather than waiting for the pain to come back but I'm still getting that window where I'm in agony.

Just wondering if there's anything better I could try OTC really, I know it will disappear again in a day or two so it could be a lot worse but I'm just struggling with the level of pain.

OP’s posts: |
Lightofthephoenix Sun 05-Apr-20 00:53:54

Feminax and Buscapan

Hidingtonothing Sun 05-Apr-20 01:17:18

Was just reading up on Feminax, will get some tomorrow, thanks. Not sure buscopan would help as it's not cramping pain I get, just very intense burning pain in my right ovary. Will give them a try regardless, I use them sometimes for ibs so already have some. My last lot of painkillers have kicked in finally so hopefully I can sleep now, thanks again.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in