Fibroid Embolisation - the weeks/months after

(4 Posts)
IamNotDarling Mon 30-Mar-20 08:05:42

I’m week 4 after a UFE procedure.

I’ve had a low grade temp since and cramping in thighs. Very little discharge or blood loss. No period yet, it was due on week 2.

Blood test ruled out major infection but had two weeks’ of antibiotics prescribed.

Interested to know others’ experiences of UFE. Reading online, most people have a low grade temp for up to a fortnight but I’m concerned now being in week 4 (I’ve been concerned since week 2).

Has anyone had this done and had a long recovery?

OP’s posts: |
emmathedilemma Mon 30-Mar-20 12:01:21

I had mine done nearly 4 weeks ago and was coming to the end of my period when it was done. Had pain like I’ve never felt before for the 24 hours of so after it then just mild cramping and a bit of a nervy sort of pain round the incision site which has all died down now. I have slept like I’ve never slept before though! Not sure if it’s from less rushing around like a mad woman due to CV or the procedure! I got my period last Friday and have had really light flor since then. Quite bad cramps for a day or two but compared to what I had before it’s been great. I wouldn’t worry if you don’t come on at your expected time, it does say that your first few cycles might not be “normal”.

IamNotDarling Mon 30-Mar-20 22:48:34

Thanks Emma the pain was awful wasn’t it? Very pleased for you that your period is lighter.

Did you have a raised temp afterwards?

OP’s posts: |
emmathedilemma Tue 31-Mar-20 11:50:10

Horrendous! They said it would be sore but I wasn't quite ready for it being that bad despite being well dosed up on painkillers, I was literally groaning to myself like someone in labour! Although I realised the stronger stuff made me feel worse than the pain so once I was home I stuck to paracetamol and ibuprofen. I was cold rather than hot on and off for a few days afterwards, mostly noticed it in an evening so could have been related to being tired?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in