Cerazette, bleeding, carry on or stop?

(7 Posts)
thesunwillout Fri 21-Feb-20 07:44:46

Hi, I've been on this for 2 years with no problems, or bleeds.
Have been bleeding old blood for nearly 2 weeks, fairly lightly but using regular Tampax.
Bad migraine yesterday, then big normal period has started this morning.
Do I stop and let it happen? Start over next period?
Or carry on.
Very annoying as I was advocating the merits of it a few weeks back to a friend.
I know I was lucky to have had no bleed for two years, so maybe it's the end of the road for me and cerazette?
I'm 50. Found it good for regulating hormones/moods etc.
I also have fibromyalgia.
Maybe that and my hormones are making it more ineffective.

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Tfoot75 Fri 21-Feb-20 07:55:35

I've taken it on and off for about 10 years in between babies, first two spells I didn't have any bleeding but when I started this spell after having my second dd 2 years ago I had continuous spells of bleeding on and off for a while and still do occasionally now, last one about 10 months ago. So it doesn't always go in a straight line, I've always persevered though as still far better than going back to monthly bleeding! Never got pregnant on it so assume still works continuously.

PirateWeasel Fri 21-Feb-20 07:58:22

This is exactly what's happening to me right now. Almost two years bleed free, now suddenly I'm in a ten days and counting period. I stopped breastfeeding a month ago and that's the only thing I can think of that might have affected it.

thesunwillout Fri 21-Feb-20 08:03:36

Thanks for your reply, perseverance has worked for you then!
I'm just bumbling along period free, then bam, annoying.
At my age I just want them to stop altogether!
Today's pill is staring at me from the pack, and I just don't know if taking it is prolonging the half arsed period that's trying to escape.

I know we don't need to have periods, but I feel like my body 8s saying otherwise.

In other news, having not bought a Tampax for two years I was 😳 at the price!

thesunwillout Fri 21-Feb-20 08:05:58

Pirateweasel,

Hi, have you carried on taking it?

I'm thinking my hormones have affected it, like yours, but obviously my hormones are alot older lol.

I feel like shite.

Tfoot75 Fri 21-Feb-20 10:25:09

Pirateweasel, now that you've said it I've remembered it was stopping breastfeeding that started up the original spell of on off bleeding after my 2nd dd, I can't recall how long it took to settle down but I did seriously consider stopping taking it for a while. I'm glad I didn't now as I'm not sure there are any better options.

thesunwillout Fri 21-Feb-20 10:54:38

Tfoot75

See, that's almost a recommendation to take it.
I'm going to take it!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in