Please tell me I'm not being horrible

(5 Posts)
Rebecca3127 Sun 09-Feb-20 19:58:42

Hi guys.
Me and my partner have been together 3 years. I have had some health issues recently and I am being referred for scans as have been told cancer is a small possibility. This has terrified me so I have told my partner how I am feeling and what sorts of pains I have been getting etc. This is normal to share this stuff when you are worried with your SO isnt it? I feel like I have just stressed him and he is panicking, maybe I should have said nothing and gone for all tests first and had a diagnosis before I told him.
Was I right to tell him or am I being selfish?
Any opinions would be appreciated.

OP’s posts: |
pemberleypearl Sun 09-Feb-20 20:07:54

You're not horrible nor are you being selfish. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Rebecca3127 Sun 09-Feb-20 20:12:54

Thankyou , I just feel sick with stress and needed to tell him 😖 it could be a few things so need to just concentrate on it being something else. X

OP’s posts: |
UnexpectedItemInTheShaggingAre Mon 10-Feb-20 05:06:21

Yes of course you should tell him you need support. xx
I hope everything is ok xx

mia2201 Mon 10-Feb-20 10:32:47

Absolutely not selfish at all, you can't be hiding with your worries. I'm sure he'd rather not be panicked but he can't help reacting as he's concerned for you. I really hope you get some good news, you're stronger than you think. I'm a big advocate of sharing your issues with friends and family- they're there for good and bad things in life. Thinking of you smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in