Should I be worried? (tmi)

(6 Posts)
mumofone2818 Tue 28-Jan-20 08:45:23

I thought I would ask opinions here first, instead of going straight to GP and taking up an appointment for no reason that someone else could have used! Sorry for tmi blushblush

Around 2 weeks ago my period had finished (or so i thought as had nothing from the night before & this was late afternoon time) me and DP dtd but had to stop because I was bleeding alot & I put this down to my period must not have fully finished and this would be why. Anyway moving on about a week later we *dtd again & it was really painful for me and never has been before so again we stopped - but i wasnt bleeding. Last night when we tried again everything seemed fine there was no pain etc but then afterwards I realised again that I was bleeding slightly? & now woke up to what seems like my period starting again. I've been with dp 3 years and this has never happened before or previously to him. Can this sometimes happen or should I see a GP?

x

OP’s posts: |
mumofone2818 Tue 28-Jan-20 15:42:59

anyone blush

OP’s posts: |
TheWorldKickedBack Tue 28-Jan-20 15:47:37

If it's unusual for you then yes absolutely go to the doctor to get checked. It could be nothing but best to check even if it's just to put your mind at rest. Sudden changes like this should be investigated.

jellyndn Tue 28-Jan-20 16:01:22

Google cervical ectropions and see if it could be that? I went back and forth with my gp until they examined me and put it down to that. I think it's more common if you're on the pill but they are hormone related. I would definitely get checked but wanted to offer some reassurance!

lanlan23 Tue 28-Jan-20 16:33:22

No advice but I have had exactly the same this month. DTD after period stopped or so I thought and had some bleeding. I've then been spotting on and off for 2 weeks and now back on my period again!
I have had a few very early periods some months so have been to the docs who put it down to hormones due to breastfeeding.
Also waiting for my smear results & hoping that's all normal.

Are you upto date with your smears?
Might be worth popping to the docs to see what they say xxx

QuestionableMouse Tue 28-Jan-20 16:36:11

You might have a little tear that needs to heal up. Can happen and they can bleed a lot.

No harm in getting checked out though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in