Hormonal headaches, please help

(6 Posts)
SaltyLemons Mon 13-Jan-20 06:33:01

I am suffering very badly with a constant headache, sensitivity around head, eyes, jaw, am hot, weepy and have extreme lethargy. I think this is all linked to my hormones, I feel like a less extreme version of this before my period. But I've been breastfeeding for a long time and haven't had one. Perhaps I'm about to get it. this is coinciding with my return to work so perfect timing. Does anybody else ever feel like this and how do you plough through? I feel like I can barely function and the timing is making me very anxious. It's been 6 days now

OP’s posts: |
SaltyLemons Mon 13-Jan-20 07:24:54

And brain fog, bad brain fog to the extent that I can't get words out. Help!

WillowySnicket Mon 13-Jan-20 13:04:06

When my hormonal headaches kicked in again I was...pregnant. Could it be?

If not, all sympathy to you. Headaches are the pits. Things that help me "plough through":
Water
Fresh air
Breathing really deeply (I find my headaches give me a blocked nose which exacerbate the brain fog)
Healthy food (carbs do NOT HELP, no matter how much your tired foggy achey head say they will) and steering clear of dairy.

And paracetemol. Lots of them. So sorry you're going through this.

SaltyLemons Mon 13-Jan-20 13:40:21

I'm so grateful for the reply, thank you so much. Definitely not pregnant. Didn't know about staying away from dairy - will try anything! Thank you for being so kind

candycornlover Mon 13-Jan-20 13:47:11

While not the same thing, but I'm a suffering exact same symptoms and I know it's hormone related as I am on course for a frozen embryo transfer next week and have been in a shit load of hormone meds.
I've never felt this level of fatigue and the headaches are horrendous.
Nothing to help you, but just wanted to say I am feeling the same. 😕

SaltyLemons Mon 13-Jan-20 14:05:25

Hugs to you @candycornlover I hope it all works out and that you feel better soon too 💐

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in