Am I being overly concerned/worried?

(8 Posts)
Sjgmumma Wed 01-Jan-20 17:35:42

So a little debrief of myself. I’m 32, mum of five. Last baby 19 months old emergency section and sterilisation. Around 5 weeks ago I started feeling lower abdo pain. Then started bleeding, wasn’t due my period. It was ten days after my last period finished. Also wasn’t a typical period.
The pain continued, comes in bursts, not constant. Left hand side, lower back.
Doctors said it was muscle pain.
Pain still remains and I have other ‘stuff’ to go along side it.
Confirmed prolapse. Struggle to pass gas, or poo. Sorry tmi. Look 6 months pregnant. Can barely eat a full meal ( I’m a big girl, I like food!! ) I’m so tired, actually exhausted. Constantly.
I’ve googled ( big mistake!!! ) I have every common symptom of OC, except weight loss.
I have a gynae appointment tomorrow evening. From gp referal to appointment it’s been 17 days. Is that good or bad?
I’ve literally worried myself senseless!
Pain is there more when sat upright, like when sat in the car. Ouch!

Thanks in advance for any advice x

OP’s posts: |
Sjgmumma Wed 01-Jan-20 17:37:11

Also just to add, I feel I need a wee, go and dribble or actually wee. Then a pressure pain comes once I’ve had a wee.

Bucks2015 Wed 01-Jan-20 23:51:41

Sorry to hear your feeling unwell and you are so worried. What advice has the doctor given you and have they done blood tests? I posted a few days ago because of a very long period (20 days with bouts of extreme heaviness) which had started early and I’ve scared myself silly with google. Try to stay off it - all it does is cause worry and it will always come up with the scary things.

Sjgmumma Thu 02-Jan-20 09:30:59

Hi bucks, doctor didn't say much. I had bloods done at a n e, they checked for any infections which was all clear. So I've been left clueless really. Hope you're feeling okay.

Verily1 Thu 02-Jan-20 09:32:45

The chances of getting oc at your young age is extremely slim.

Sjgmumma Thu 02-Jan-20 10:24:38

Thanks for your reply verity. Unfortunately I have lost three people to oc. One being 23 one being 29. Both school friends. Plus my Nan, who was obviously a lot older.

Bucks2015 Thu 02-Jan-20 12:19:16

Sorry to hear about your friends and your Nan - that will also make that fear more prominent but it doesn’t mean that’s what you have. Hope the appointment goes well later and try and stay off google in the meantime

Sjgmumma Thu 02-Jan-20 12:27:31

Bucks, google is a nightmare! I've sent myself crazy. Today seems to be dragging. I've drank 7 cups of tea already. I k ow I need a hysterectomy due to the prolapse as it was repaired previously, so I'm good with that. But my god, the not knowing is horrendous.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in