Mid cycle bleeding

(6 Posts)
sandyfoot Sun 22-Dec-19 21:39:38

I have been sporadically bleeding after sex for about a year, as well as occasionally just randomly. I had a smear which was clear and then an internal which found uterine polyps which were removed. All fine for a few months. Now I have started bleeding quite heavily mid cycle. Maybe too much info but not red blood, much darker. I am 44 so am hoping perimenopausal but bit worried it could be ovarian as everything else checked out and blood so dark. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
pickleface Sun 22-Dec-19 21:52:10

Sorry, no advice, just joining in to say I'm in exactly the same boat. Also had polyps removed several years ago and am suffering similar symptoms to you. Due a smear so having that and swabs early January to rule out infection. Also have a dragging pain around my womb and my periods are so much more painful than usual. Considered pelvic inflammatory disease too.

Afternooninthepark Thu 26-Dec-19 13:02:14

I’ve had uterine polyps removed but unfortunately they have grown back. Maybe, this is the case with you. Ask for a pelvic scan.

mumsnoangel Thu 09-Jan-20 14:14:58

Any news on this? I've similarly been spotting outside of normal period times and now have to wait a Month for an ultrasound. I am 51 so probably approaching perimenopause.

monkeyblonde Thu 09-Jan-20 14:46:56

Me too! Interested in others experiences.

mumsnoangel Thu 09-Jan-20 15:20:54

@monkeyblonde what's going on with you? Have you spoken to your GP? I have lost all sense of what is just one of those things, and what is an alarm bell...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in