Sex Post Baby

(4 Posts)
Lucy300 Mon 09-Dec-19 08:20:43

So from about month 4 of my pregnancy sex became painful and impossible. I am now 6 weeks post natal and still find it uncomfortable but in a different way. Mainly though I just don't enjoy it anymore, it doesn't feel nice and I don't get wet. I love my partner but I'm now thinking about it so much there is nothing natural about it.

Everything I read online says I don't find him attractive anymore but it's just not true, he's lovely and so patient with it but I just want our sex life back or our relationship will be doomed.

Can anyone help?

OP’s posts: |
FluffMagnet Mon 09-Dec-19 08:25:12

Are you breastfeeding? That may be why you are not getting wet. 6 weeks really isn't very long mind you, all things considering!

DeadButDelicious Mon 09-Dec-19 08:35:01

Loss of libido post baby is very normal. Your body is still recovering, you're adjusting to having a baby to look after, you're knackered, hormones are flying all over the place. It's a tough old time.

Be patient. Be kind to yourself. If he's as lovely as you say he will understand that this is something that will take a little time to return.

Brighty78 Wed 11-Dec-19 11:46:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in