Pcos pain

(10 Posts)
Anonymous12xx Tue 05-Nov-19 14:40:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 05-Nov-19 21:12:43

Painful periods are often caused by endometriosis rather than PCOS and the two can coexist (I was diagnosed with both).

I would go back to your GP ASAP and insist on a referral to a gynaecologist to have the cause of your painful periods properly investigated. The person who told you it’s just one of those things is just plain wrong. Something is causing this and it is certainly in your interest to find out what it is. You will need to be persistent in order to get answers.

I would read about endometriosis.

Anonymous12xx Wed 06-Nov-19 10:29:29

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 06-Nov-19 17:33:19

I was advised by the doctors to have a few days off work post the lap operation. During this operation they also worked on my ovaries and found them to be very polycystic. The cystic follicles on those were lasered and this process kickstarted ovulation properly.

I realise now that my endometriosis kicked in properly soon after starting menses at 14. I was not diagnosed with endometriosis or PCOS until I tried and failed to conceive.

I am now a parent and I found my periods were better in that there was less pain with them post surgery. It also helped me become pregnant. The cystic follicles associated with PCOS do return but this is a condition that can be managed.

Do read Veritys website about PCOS if you have not done already and do read the Endometriosis UKs website too.

Any other questions just ask

Anonymous12xx Sat 11-Jan-20 18:07:27

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 11-Jan-20 20:19:04

I remember you and thank you for the update.

Endometriosis can also get onto the intestines and this can also be misdiagnosed as IBS. Also you do not think it is this and besides which the treatment you were given for this previously did not work.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 11-Jan-20 20:19:47

Did you ever see a gynaecologist; you ought to be referred to such a person now if this has not already happened.

Anonymous12xx Sun 12-Jan-20 11:55:53

Anonymous12xx Sun 12-Jan-20 12:00:01

Anonymous12xx Mon 27-Jan-20 07:05:59

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in