Reusable pad recommendations please

(6 Posts)
Butterchunks Sun 29-Sep-19 16:18:56

I would like to start using reusable pads in order to reduce my plastic waste. Can I please have some recommendations to ones that you've tried, and why you like them (or not, that is also an important factor that will help me decide which to get).

I've already ruled out using a cup, and I would ideally be looking at products that can cope with heavy period. I currently need to use tampons and pads due to leakage overnight and on heavy days, ideally I'd like to stop using tampons too and just use the pads. Currently I prefer to use a pad with a large surface area which make me feel secure.

Has anyone ever made their own? Do you have any good advice as to how to look after them and use them efficiently?

OP’s posts: |
TheJoxter Sun 29-Sep-19 16:21:44

Honour your flow have 20% off tonight between 8pm and 9pm only, I use the wool backed ones and love them. They do huuuuge ones (in the ‘night pads’ section) pricey but brilliant!

xyzandabc Sun 29-Sep-19 16:23:00

I have imse vimse ones and love them. I've not tried any others so nothing to compare them to but a million times more comfy than disposable ones. They just feel like a pair of pants with a very little bit of padding. Not plasticity, sticky or sweaty. I would never go back to disposable ones.

greathat Sun 29-Sep-19 16:25:10

Honouryourflow! Tried various other ones and none were as good

greathat Sun 29-Sep-19 16:26:06

And they do giant night time which mean I can now sleep in peace again!

Butterchunks Thu 03-Oct-19 11:53:10

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate it.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in