Heavy period

(10 Posts)
kellyw1989 Fri 30-Aug-19 11:42:34

Thanks for reading, I’ve just finished a very heavy period and had huge blood loss and now sent for a scan what’s does this involve and what is the process please

OP’s posts: |
Rachelover40 Fri 30-Aug-19 11:52:21

I honestly don't know Kelly but assume you'll have a CT of your abdomen which involves a doctor using a device which he or she will run over your abdomen. Not painful or horrific in any way and doesn't take long.

I hope you're OK and that your heavy bleed doesn't indicate anything serious.

flowers

kellyw1989 Fri 30-Aug-19 11:59:30

Thank you so much for the reply it means a lot, think it’s an external and internal examination just wish would tell you more when they contact you but don’t which always leaves a doubt

Rachelover40 Sat 31-Aug-19 17:08:06

Let us know how you get on Kelly and good luck. Remember that you don't have to undergo anything if you don't want to. I know you want to find out what's wrong but there is often more than one way to do that.

Just want to tell you that I have had both CT and MRI scans in the past, can't remember much about them so they obviously weren't traumatic.
I also had terribly heavy bleeding, almost as if my body was pumping blood out of me. I had a course of tablets and was fine thereafter!

No problems like that now (but I'll be 70 at the end of the year).

flowers

kellyw1989 Sun 01-Sep-19 08:31:39

Aww thank you so much x

hopeishere Sun 01-Sep-19 08:38:25

I've had s few internal scans and they're not that bad. The use a thing shaped a bit like a penis and generally cover it with a condom. Plenty of lube and it slips right in.

Was it a one off heavy period?

kellyw1989 Sun 01-Sep-19 08:41:28

Thank you so much for the reply, yes a one off heavy (very) period. Well I had one about 2 years ago simular. I was examined and the dr asked about how often I was changing my tampon. Does the internal last long ?

hopeishere Sun 01-Sep-19 09:10:30

It depends what they see. I have fibroids so they measure them but I can't remember if that's with it in or if they freeze the screen and take it out and then measure them.

kellyw1989 Sun 01-Sep-19 09:16:05

Thank you, it’s just one of those things that’s out of the norm been so worried and dreading it

kellyw1989 Sat 07-Sep-19 07:27:13

Had the scan thank you so much

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in