Pms / Mirena Coil

(2 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

VickyDolly Thu 29-Aug-19 11:52:04

This is my first post on here, sorry if it's a bit long. Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar to me & could give any advice as to what I could do next.

Since I had my daughter in 2015 my hormones have been all over the place. I suffer with really bad, the week before my period and the week after, with PMS like symptoms. I've tried different combined pills, none seem to suit me and I get quite angry and agitated with them. Ive tried not being on the pill & that made me even worse, I was completely up & down, crying one min & angry at everything the next. The mini pill didn't work, heavy bleeding every two weeks and constant low mood. I've recently had the mirena coil fitted in June and after a good first week. I've been bleeding and getting period pains/cramps for almost 3 months. The doctors have tried tablets to stop the bleeding but they didn't work and again, made me really agitated and angry. I've been put on the combined pill again, with the coil now and still bleeding. Doctors said to wait a few more months and if the bleeding hasn't stopped, the coil will have to be removed. So I'll be back to square one. On the plus side, they started me on a low dose antidepressant. I really like the antidepressant, it helps with my anxiety too.

Thanks in advance for any advice smile xx

OP’s posts: |
FlissMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Aug-19 22:20:55

Hi VickyDolly,

We're so sorry to hear what a tough time you've had. We sympathise.
We don't have any specific medical advice to offer you but we hope some of our wise users will be along soon to help you out.

Don't forget to get real life advice too however; that's often the best.

brew

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in