Bleeding all the time!?

(4 Posts)
Mrsboombastic99 Fri 16-Aug-19 19:35:49

Sorry in advance if this is long. I'm just looking for abit of advice from anyone who may have experienced something like this.

So.. I'm 30 now and I was on the pill for quite a few years, but I started to get terrible migraines and was bleeding inbetween periods. I had a smear which came back fine and then I decided to come off the pill when I was 27 to try for a baby with my DH.

That was 3 years ago in October, we haven't had a BFP yet and and ever since coming off the pill I bleed inbetween my periods, sometimes spotting/bleeding all month.

I've also started bleeding quite heavily after dtd. I went to see the doctor after we had been ttc for 9 months and had a few bloods done and an ultrasound which came back OK and after a lot of pestering I was referred to a gynaecologist.

The gynaecologist did a blood test and confirmed I ovulated and said that she didn't want to see me again for 6 months. That was August last year and due to "a huge backlog" I haven't got my second appointment until next Friday.

Does anyone know what could be causing this constant bleeding and what if anything I should be asking the gynaecologist to do/look for? The last time I saw the gynae she said that she wanted to give me clomid if I wasn't ovulating but obviously that never happened as my bloods came back OK.

I just feel so tired and fed up, not just from the infertility issues but from bleeding all of the time, it's really getting me down.

Thank you for reading, x

OP’s posts: |
Howaboutthisone Sat 24-Aug-19 07:56:38

Have you had a ultrasound to check for cause of bleeding like fibroids/polyps?
Your situation is different to mine as I'm older and have children already so it was a question of stopping the bleeding for me rather than stopping the bleeding in a way that doesn't impact on fertility. Didn't want to read and run though.
I hope you get some answers, and a BFP soon.

Mrsboombastic99 Tue 03-Sep-19 16:27:58

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't realise anyone had responded! I've had a scan which came back fine. I'm waiting to have a HSG now and depending on those results the gynae said she may refer us to a fertility clinic as she doesn't think she can help me further. Thank you for the well wishes xx

OP’s posts: |
Jesaminecollins Tue 03-Sep-19 16:30:00

It sounds like a hormone imbalance to me so you might have to take a different pill to sort things out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in