Postpartum period advice

(4 Posts)
blahblahblabblahblah100 Sat 27-Jul-19 12:49:11

I'm 5.5 months postpartum. I had my first period 6 weeks after given birth, I'm now having a period every two weeks. The first one lasts a good nine days, then I have around a week clear, then I have another period that is 5-7 days long.
I was put on the combi pill at my 6 week postpartum check and continue on this. This pill stops you from ovulating.
I've never had a baby before, and I know it can mess with periods.

Anyone who has been in same boat, can you shed any light on when periods may settle to a normal one a month?

I'm more heavy now than I was pre-baby, but less painful which is something! Just getting me down having a period every other week.
TIA

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 27-Jul-19 19:34:22

I would seek medical advice from your GP asap. Bleeding like this every two weeks could make you anaemic.

Edwu Sun 28-Jul-19 23:20:14

I gave birth 11months ago i also suffered a very long 2nd degree tear downward but was not stitched. Now i feel so loose because the opening is so large i can't enjoy sex anymore. Can anything be done to help me because it might post me my marriage.

blahblahblabblahblah100 Mon 29-Jul-19 11:35:57

@Edwu I would guess you need to see your GP and ask to be referred to Gynecology to take a look and talk you through options?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in