Embarrassing problem

(12 Posts)
Lily715 Sun 30-Jun-19 10:55:02

When I went to bed last night everything was fine. Then when I did my morning wee when I woke up, when I wiped myself it was so so painful. I've had a look and I've got a big patch of red inflamed tissue on the inside of my outer lips of my vagina. It's so sore. I'm abroad as well so I can't even just make an appointment with my GP. Help!! Does anyone know what this is?!

OP’s posts: |
userxx Sun 30-Jun-19 11:11:10

Maybe a heat or seat rash if it's very hot where you are. Have you been in a swimming pool? Anything out of the ordinary may have irritated you. Try some sudocrem

Doyoumind Sun 30-Jun-19 11:15:36

I would go for bepanthen above sudocrem, if they sell it where you are.

LoafofSellotape Sun 30-Jun-19 11:15:42

Try Sudocrem or some thrush cream?

Butterchunks Sun 30-Jun-19 11:29:50

Any chance you've got young DC and have any yellow metanium with you?

DontCallMeShitley Sun 30-Jun-19 11:40:21

First thought is thrush or heat rash. If you use Canesten or similar and it stings it is very unlikely to be thrush.

There are other possibilities but I won't alarm you as it doesn't seem likely at this stage to be anything else, given the weather we had yesterday.

Lily715 Sun 30-Jun-19 12:32:33

Thanks everyone. I squeezed it (SO SORRY TMI!) and some pus came out so I'm thinking it's a cyst? Will try sudocrem if I can get hold of some.

OP’s posts: |
Doyoumind Sun 30-Jun-19 12:46:04

Did you get waxed before you went away? Could be an ingrowing hair.

Bouldghirl Sun 30-Jun-19 15:27:24

I’d suggest an antiseptic cream. If pus is around that indicates an infection of some kind. You want to at least keep it under control until you can see your GP.

EleanorReally Sun 30-Jun-19 15:31:53

i wouldnt use sudocream, well i might,
but you could apply natural plain yoghurt, that is soothing.

EleanorReally Sun 30-Jun-19 15:32:54

dont use soap on it, let your body's natural secretions heal it

EleanorReally Sun 30-Jun-19 15:39:39

i wonder if salt water would help?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in