Finding an obstetrician

(8 Posts)
Merlith Tue 30-Apr-19 09:17:47

I have a prolapse and will need a repair operation. I am nervous that sometimes symptoms can be made worse. Does anyone know of a good surgeon in this field on the London area?

OP’s posts: |
JinglingHellsBells Tue 30-Apr-19 19:12:12

My advice is you google / find the websites of the best private hospitals and find someone who also works in the NHS doing what you want.

stucknoue Tue 30-Apr-19 19:14:13

Private? Your gp is still your best port of call, they can tell you who works where

Merlith Wed 01-May-19 08:20:25

Thank you both. I have found a surgeon at the C& W hospital-anyone had gynae op there?

OP’s posts: |
JinglingHellsBells Wed 01-May-19 08:49:25

A lot of GPs spend so little time in a practice (move around) that they have no idea of who is the best in a locality. The days of a GP knowing where to send someone and having this info has changed, sadly.

Merlith Wed 01-May-19 09:03:37

That applies to my go. He’s very good but not really ‘in the know’ about consultants. My husband recently had a hernia op - I found the surgeon who did a fine job, but all we had to go on was our gut feeling. I agree, jinglejinglebells, about a surgeon wo works at an NHS hospital.

OP’s posts: |
Merlith Wed 01-May-19 09:04:08

For go - gp

OP’s posts: |
Merlith Wed 08-May-19 08:27:45

Have taken the plunge and booked op for July. Thanks for advice.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in