Has anyone else had these symptoms?

(5 Posts)
Becs92 Thu 02-May-19 22:29:44

Thank you! I managed to see a new doctor at the practice who has referred me to a gynecologist! smile

OP’s posts: |
iheartgin Mon 29-Apr-19 22:57:11

Could it be a prolapse?

I have a prolapse and experience some of the symptoms you have described.

Either way worth going back to the GP and getting them to check and rule it out.

Becs92 Mon 29-Apr-19 19:35:05

Thank you for your reply. When I go in to get the results of the swab I will ask for another appointment with a different doctor and ask to investigate further! X

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-Apr-19 15:58:01

I would seek a second opinion from another GP within the practice and ask to be referred to a gynaecologist for further evaluation. I note this person has taken further swabs to be analysed but really and truly you should not have been told to go away and take paracetamol. The service you have been given overall is poor.

Deep pain during sex is highly suggestive of endometriosis being present and this can also arise to bladder involvement.

Becs92 Mon 29-Apr-19 13:56:58

Hello

I'm not feeling too great and wondered if anyone has been in a similar situation, symptom wise.

Nearly two months ago I found a painless lump inside my vulva/vagina. (maybe just a bit bigger than the size of a pea). I wasn't too worried about it at first. Then I started getting a lot of watery vaginal discharge and pelvic pain (as though I am about to have my period). But the pain is constant, every day. Then I started getting sharp pains in the lower back and sides and now I've started to become constipated very frequently and I have an uncomfortable sensation after I have been for a wee. I can no longer be intimate with my partner as sex hurts my pelvic area too much for me to bare.

I went to the doctor who said my lump looks like a polyp or growth and asked if cancer ran in my family, which I told her it did and all the women on my mums side of the family are constantly having pre cancerous cells/growths removed, including my mother.

The doctor said because of my age (I am 26), she is going to dismiss my family history, she will not refer me for a biopsy and told me not to worry. She said the polyp is likely benign and the other symptoms I am having is from a urine infection. So she tested for that and I am clear. She has sent off a swab of the discharge I have been having to see if there is any infection there. But she said if there isn't, she doesn't know what the pelvic pain, discharge etc is but im too young for it to be anything to do with the lump/ or anything serious. So she sent me on my way and told me to just take paracetamol daily for the pain and hopefully my problems go away in time. And as for the lump, I've been told to just live with it if I can.

Given my family history, I am a little worried. But whether or not it is anything serious, I don't want to have to live with these symptoms daily, it's making me miserable!

Has anyone here had any of these symptoms and it turned out to be something serious despite young age? Or had these symptoms and turned out to be something easy to solve?

Sorry for the long winded post!

Thank you in advance smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in