Endometrial cancer

(2 Posts)
Akrotiri1 Sat 20-Apr-19 22:33:30

How utterly awful for you all, I am so sorry your family are having to go through this.

I have no words of advice, but your Mum is lucky to have such a caring daughter, and the only thing you can do is be there for her.

Hugs xx

123Holly Sat 20-Apr-19 22:28:43

My mum was diagnosed with endometrial cancer last April with a grade 3 tumour. Hysterectomy and 3 rounds of internal radiotherapy.
We thought great! All done and dusted!
After experiencing stomach pain she had tests which revealed the cancer had come back and spread to the abdominal lymph nodes. And she is about to undergo her second round of chemo. U fortunately the PET scan revealed breast cancer also, which will be operated on o xe the chemo has finished.
I’m devastated. I have stayed off google until today and it says that once it’s reached the abdominal nodes it’s stage 3C. The prognosis is not good.
I don’t know how to best support her. I’m an only child with a business and two young children and i have luckily managed to take her to all appointments.
I just feel so sad and overwhelmed by it all. Her hair has been coming out today and we cried together.
My only sibling is in Australia and I want to do all I can.
Sorry for the rant. I think it’s just hit me suddenly and I feel so upset I don’t know who to talk to.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in