If you experience ovulation pain...

(5 Posts)
HighestMountains Thu 07-Mar-19 17:49:49

How long does it go on for and how bad is it?

Mine lasts a few days & is worse during intercourse. Have had ultrasound scans to check nothing is amiss and they came back clear.

OP’s posts: |
AttilaTheMeerkat Thu 07-Mar-19 17:54:22

Ovulation pain should last no more than a few hours at most and certainly not days.

You should be investigated further and by a gynaecologist, is your GP planning on referring you to such a person?.

Deep pain during sex can actually be indicative of endometriosis being present. If endometriosis is present it is not usually detected on an internal ultrasound scan because the endo deposits are so very small.

Do not be fobbed off and seek proper answers. You will need to be persistent in order to get answers.

HighestMountains Thu 07-Mar-19 17:58:43

Thanks for replying.

No, I've not been offered any referrals. At the follow up to the last scan about a treat ago the GP said it could well be endometriosis, especially as I have painful periods. Sounds like I need to go back. Its been going on since 2013 and in that time I've had a second baby (conceived quickly) and am still alive, so I've been telling myself it's ok to ignore it but it sounds like it's really not normal. It's always on the same side too, every month.

HighestMountains Thu 07-Mar-19 20:16:40

Cheeky bump to see if anyone else can relate.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 08-Mar-19 07:10:26

Endometriosis is a common cause of ongoing painful periods.

I would go back to the GP and request a referral to a gynae because of the timeframe and endometriosis being mentioned.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in