More a Coil pushed out?

(3 Posts)
talktalk123 Fri 08-Feb-19 14:33:26

I've been getting more frequent spotting over the past six months and recently suffering cramps and back ache. After a doctors consultation last Friday she suggested I get it removed, it was due out this September anyway. Anyway, today I had it removed and the nurse said that it was virtually falling out anyway and has referred me for an urgent ultrasound and blood tests done. I've come away feeling quite nervous, as she mentioned fibroids and getting them checked that they weren't cancerous. I forgot to mention to her that I've had increased frequency in the need to go for a wee over the past year but just put this down to having had three children, now I'm worrying it's connected, I will have a cup of tea and then I will need the toilet about three times in the next 40 minutes, can anybody reassure me that it's nothing serious...

OP’s posts: |
talktalk123 Fri 08-Feb-19 14:34:36

Title should read Mirena Coil

OP’s posts: |
TheFirstOHN Fri 08-Feb-19 19:20:23

This has happened to me (twice!) Both times it was very painful.

I have a theory that if you have fibroids or a bulky uterus, the womb cavity is not the right shape and/or size for a mirena to sit comfortably in position, and you are more likely to expel it.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in