bladder not emptying

(2 Posts)
Partidgeinpeartree Mon 07-Jan-19 13:55:58

I gave birth to my 4th 9 months ago. He had a big head (and was v heavy too). I was anxious beforehand about bladder control but found out I now have the opposite problem. I find it hard to empty my bladder. I used to have a steady stream (tmi, I know), but now it is more of a trickle and I constantly have the feeling after I peed that I need to go again (which in fact I do - my bladder did not empty completely). I also have the feeling my urine (in fact my whole vulva) smells differently from before. I raised this with my gynaecologist but he saw no issues (no prolapse, everything looked normal). I went to post-natal physiotherapy and mentioned it there but she just suggested that I should stand up after peeing and then try again. I think this is a bit ridiculous as I never had to do this before. What could have happened? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

OP’s posts: |
ethelredonagoodday Mon 07-Jan-19 14:04:47

I've had something similar going on, and since this summer, much of the time I feel like I have minor symptoms of cystitis.

Both of my babies were big and similarly to you, second had a big head.
I do need to sort it, and I must go to see the doctor about it, but keep forgetting to make the appointment.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in