Uterus lining thick

(5 Posts)
Lizzy1906 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:07:43

Was wondering if anybody has gone through the same. So I’m 42 this year and in December 2018 I started with a personal trainer. After training hard (for me I am not the fittest ) I noticed bleeding after the sessions on two occasions.
Was concerned so when to se my gp who referred me for a scan. I had the scan on Thursday and was told by the consultant radiologist that my uterus lining is moderately thick and it will be up to my gynae consultant what happens next!
Obviously I’ve been googling and I’m worried !! Has anybody else experienced this??

OP’s posts: |
teachergirl2011 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:13:06

I've had this. I had to have a hysteroscopy. It can be hormonal or rarely a sign of endometrial cancer.

Lizzy1906 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:22:41

Hi did u have this after the ultrasound and what happens next as I'm clueless as to what to expect
Thank you

JinglingHellsBells Sat 05-Jan-19 13:45:41

For women who are possibly in perimenopause, and hormones can fluctuate, it's actually quite normal to have a thicker lining.
Are your periods regular?

A moderately thick lining can depend on where you are in your cycle when you have the scan. if your period is due or you are into the 3rd week of a cycle, the lining will be thick.
What you really should have been told /asked is where you were in your cycle- was it just after a period or if you'd not bled for some weeks. A normal lining can be as much as 15-16mm leading up to a period and as little as 3-5 mm after the period. So without context, the measurement is meaningless.

Your gynae will look at the scan. You may need a small scope in the uterus (usually done as an out patient- I've had it done) or they may decide it's not necessary once they have reviewed your scan and hormonal status. You won't have a hysteroscopy without warning.

Lizzy1906 Sat 05-Jan-19 13:49:17

Hi , I was on my period when the transvag ultrasound was done, and my period at the time was heavy.
I have regular periods..
thank you you've been reassuring as I'm worried sick

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in