Unusually heavy period

(5 Posts)
mummysheepy Fri 09-Nov-18 13:35:56

So I want to see if I'm being overly concerned and thought you guys could help.
Always had heavy periods and have been especially so since DS was born late last year.
Got my monthly on Wednesday and about an hour ago went to freshen up - when I removed my tampon I was almost free flowing blood into the loo with large clots. I tidied up and inserted a new tampon. Couldn't seem to get cleaned up so removed it to find it was full and had another large clot. Tried again, doubled up with a maxi pad and now about 15 minutes later have filled another super plus. This is extreme even for me.
Any advice?

OP’s posts: |
mummysheepy Fri 09-Nov-18 13:47:23

Update - have now passed a clot the size of a small plum

OP’s posts: |
INeedNewShoes Fri 09-Nov-18 13:50:42

You need to be seen. They say if you would have to change your pad more than hourly you need medical attention.

There was a thread on here like this around a year ago and I learned from that thread that this can be serious. (The OP was ok in the end but required hospital treatment).

Please get yourself seen this afternoon.

RamblingFar Fri 09-Nov-18 13:53:11

A+E if it's not normal for you.

Your GP could prescribe medicine to drastically slow the bleeding. However you need to know what's going on inside your body and for that you may need urgent scans. You are currently losing too much blood and heavy bleeding is a medical emergency.

Fairylea Fri 09-Nov-18 18:15:52

Definitely a and e. That’s quite excessive and it can be a sign something has either got stuck somewhere it shouldn’t (ie a clot) or something has torn somewhere. You need medical help.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in