Cramps/back ache all month

(5 Posts)
Lostoldusername Fri 26-Oct-18 12:26:08

Hi all

For the past 2 months, I've had cramps, dull ache and low back pain all month round. My periods are normally like clockwork but last month it was early, and this month was 5 days late - plus it lasted a week instead of 5 days.
No bleeding in between periods.
I've got an appt at GP next week but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

OP’s posts: |
Justmuddlingalong Fri 26-Oct-18 12:29:35

I get about 5 days a month when I'm not cramping with sore boobs. My periods are regular as clockwork, but I'm 48 and presume it's "just my age."

Lostoldusername Fri 26-Oct-18 12:34:53

I'm 35.
It's because it's suddenly come on in last 2 mths that I've noticed. And the back ache! Never suffered before but it's annoying me now.

RoseAndRose Fri 26-Oct-18 12:46:47

It may well just be age, but there are some things which need to be checked 's ascribed to that.

Female cancers are quite rare, but the symptoms are fairly non specific which is why diagnoses can be missed and the opportunity for early treatment lost. Sorry to be alarming but a change to periods plus backache can (sometimes) indicate ovarian cancer and there a blood test (CA125) which can rule it out.

Lostoldusername Fri 26-Oct-18 22:09:47

Thanks - I will mention it all to my GP nect week.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in