Wwyd??

(7 Posts)
wingingatlife Tue 23-Oct-18 14:54:17

I need advice on contraception please.

I can't take oestrogen. I'm 30, I have two kids and pretty sure we don't want more. I have been off hormonal contraception for over a year and my cycles have regulated to 25/26 days and my period lasts four days, usually relatively light but get the odd heavy and painful cycle. I track them using natural cycles.

I have the option to try cerazette or continue temping and condoms.

Cerazette - "proper" contraception in that I feel I'm actively taking something but nervous about the likelihood of persistent bleeding and upsetting my predictable and regular cycle.

Condoms/ temping - risky!!

Which would you do? Copper coil and mirena are not an option.

OP’s posts: |
Monkeybunkey Thu 25-Oct-18 15:21:45

Implant?

wingingatlife Thu 25-Oct-18 16:17:46

Too invasive 

userabcname Thu 25-Oct-18 16:48:57

Depends on how much of a disaster it would be if you fell pg. I did not get on with cerazette at all - I bled lightly but constantly for months. I would be tempted to continue with condoms but if falling pregnant would be a huge issue then try cerazette and see how you get on. DH and I used condoms for a year before ttc and I took the MAP twice in that time following split ones. We are ttc again now (I had the implant between DS and now which I didn't like either tbh) and I've told him after baby 2 it's condoms or more babies as I'm done with hormonal contraception for now.

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 26-Oct-18 08:18:50

I would try cerazette if you are pretty sure you do not want any more children. I had no problems at all whilst on it and my bleeds were pretty much regular (and without pain which I am thankful for. I was diagnosed some years back with endometriosis).

wingingatlife Fri 26-Oct-18 08:24:11

Yes I think I'm going to suck it up on try cerazette on my next cycle.

Monkeybunkey Fri 26-Oct-18 09:03:03

The implant isn't as invasive as, say, a coil. It's a tiny incision to put in your upper arm then you can forget about it for three years (can you tell I have one and love it?!). Similar incision to remove and replace. It's not for everyone, granted, but I'm, not sure I'd describe it as invasive as such.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in