I can't book a smear test

(3 Posts)
HabbyHadno Fri 14-Sep-18 21:55:27

So last year I had a colposcopy after getting smear test results that said I had HPV and irregular cells. I went to see the consultant and he said that it 'didn't look good' and he suspected CINIII or CGIN but he couldn't tell until my biopsy results came back.
The results came back totally clear. The team then decided to get me back in for a colposcopy and remove quite a bit of my cervix just in case the CIN was further up and they'd missed it in the biopsy. This came back totally clear again. I was told to make sure I booked another smear again in 6 month's time to check what comes up.
I've been trying to book a smear since June and long story short, my doctors can't get the correct brush to do the test so have referred me urgently to the hospital. I haven't heard from the hospital and I can't get through to them as every number I call goes to an ansaphone, I've left numerous messages but no one has called me back. I'm really not sure what else I can do, but I need to get this test done ASAP. Surely it shouldn't be this hard to book a smear?!?! What should I do?

OP’s posts: |
BrokenFlipflop Fri 14-Sep-18 21:58:27

Sorry to hear.
Gave you told your GP that you've not heard from the hospital? Can the GP chase them?

I wonder if a GUM clinic could do it with the correct brush?

HabbyHadno Fri 14-Sep-18 22:03:33

Yes, they said they'd chase them but that was a week ago. I did have a look at my local sexual health clinics, but none of them seem to offer smears as part of their service annoyingly.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in