Talk

Advanced search

Cervical smears

(3 Posts)
KitchenFloor Sat 11-Aug-18 23:22:28

I'm in a monogamous relationship with DH. Last smear result effectively said "you don't have HPV strain XX so we're not even going to check if you have suspicious cells".

From what I understand, the HPV strains involved are only sexually transmitted. Do I not need further smears then?

Mumof4under10 Sun 12-Aug-18 00:43:38

From what I understand is hpv strains are passed sexually and there are 100s of different grades but doesn't always cause a problem. If you were to have a higher grade it could cause a problem is when changes develop in the cells of the cervix which would then need further investigation.
Depending on your age cervical screening is carried out every 3 to 5 years. So despite it being normal now and nothing to worry about will need again in future. Hope that helps.

Jmonkey28 Sun 12-Aug-18 06:41:24

I had a Pap smear my doc said she notice something odd so I went to get a sonogram cane back normal so they said it might be cyst they didn’t see anything I can feel them. Anyone know what can I do to help get rid of they feel weird

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: