Talk

Advanced search

Reasons for period being late?

(9 Posts)
mimi14 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:59:13

I'm 2 days late, have all the time of the month symptoms but no actual bleeding. Usually pretty regular cycle so it's thrown me a bit.

Definitely not pregnant, DH has had the snip (and had the all clear!). Still did a test anyway on the tiny off chance and it was negative.

Marriageoftrueminds Sat 11-Aug-18 15:06:14

Late ovulation or anovulation is most common reason if not preggo. Can just be one of those things (even if you are usually regular) or can be caused by a whole host of things from being ill to stress to travel....

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 11-Aug-18 15:09:04

Stress, rapid weight loss, poor diet, or it could just be one of those things.

WeShouldOpenABar Sat 11-Aug-18 15:10:21

Weight loss, menopause, stress, it's waiting for you to put your new white jeans on..

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Sat 11-Aug-18 15:14:30

Have you had a female friend to visit? Mine is very suggestible and I sync up with anybody else in the house.

It went completely AWOL for a month when my flatmate at university moved out — she always started the day before me, and without her there I think mine didn't know what it was meant to be doing!

dementedpixie Sat 11-Aug-18 17:36:56

I'm very late now too and dh had also had the snip. I was so paranoid I took pregnancy tests and they were negative. I'm now 22 days late so have basically skipped a period

mimi14 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:46:04

Thanks for replies.
I know it can be just one of those things. I suffer quite badly with health anxiety, so always thinking the worst about everything.

Haha, that's so weird that it syncs up with other women! Actually I remember growing up me and my 2 sisters always had our period the same week! Haven't had anyone to stay, but am staying with my sister next week so maybe it's waiting to join in with her 😂.

mimi14 Sat 11-Aug-18 19:47:15

Glad it's not just me demented ! Bodies are odd!

trickyboots Sat 11-Aug-18 19:49:11

Medication, travel, stress.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: