Talk

Advanced search

Sudden breast pain & lump

(4 Posts)
ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:45:04

I'm mid 50's and on hrt (have been for a couple of years now). On Wednesday one of my breasts felt a bit tender - the sort of feeling I used to get before my period. By yesterday, it was more of a pain, and it felt quite hot. Today there is definitely a lump. I'm obviously scared it might be cancer, but I always thought that it was more a gradual thing, only normally noticed when self-checking or having a mammogram. Any other ideas what it could be ?
I obviously will go to the doctors, but my dilemma is we go away first thing on Monday just for a few days for a city break. Can I leave it until we get back or do I have to cancel our break. Its our only holiday this year and we have had a bit of a rough time this summer with various things, so were really looking forward to our few days away.

lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 08:51:25

Cancers don't come up suddenly (is what they told me). No lump yesterday & lump today sounds like an infection. Are U going somewhere in UK so easy to find a walk-in clinic if it gets more infected?

I had v. painful lump that came out of nowhere, it turned out to be "some kind of inflammation, We don't know what but it's not cancer". I still poke around for it, can only find my rib! (Can a rib cause inflammation? Who knows)

I waited a week b4 ringing GP coz I wanted to observe more about it before asking for advice.

(I'll get yelled at on here as always, but) I'm still quite sure that 3 day delay is Not going to effect what happens about your lump. Only you know if you can stick it out of your mind & enjoy your days away.

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:55:48

Thanks lljkk that's kind of what I was thinking. We will be in the UK, so I guess I could go to a walk-in clinic if it gets worse.

MilesJuppIsMyBitch Sat 11-Aug-18 10:01:38

Hi OP. I'm NOT A DOCTOR but it could be a swollen lymph node.

You should definitely go to the doctors though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: