Sudden breast pain & lump

(4 Posts)
ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:45:04

I'm mid 50's and on hrt (have been for a couple of years now). On Wednesday one of my breasts felt a bit tender - the sort of feeling I used to get before my period. By yesterday, it was more of a pain, and it felt quite hot. Today there is definitely a lump. I'm obviously scared it might be cancer, but I always thought that it was more a gradual thing, only normally noticed when self-checking or having a mammogram. Any other ideas what it could be ?
I obviously will go to the doctors, but my dilemma is we go away first thing on Monday just for a few days for a city break. Can I leave it until we get back or do I have to cancel our break. Its our only holiday this year and we have had a bit of a rough time this summer with various things, so were really looking forward to our few days away.

OP’s posts: |
lljkk Sat 11-Aug-18 08:51:25

Cancers don't come up suddenly (is what they told me). No lump yesterday & lump today sounds like an infection. Are U going somewhere in UK so easy to find a walk-in clinic if it gets more infected?

I had v. painful lump that came out of nowhere, it turned out to be "some kind of inflammation, We don't know what but it's not cancer". I still poke around for it, can only find my rib! (Can a rib cause inflammation? Who knows)

I waited a week b4 ringing GP coz I wanted to observe more about it before asking for advice.

(I'll get yelled at on here as always, but) I'm still quite sure that 3 day delay is Not going to effect what happens about your lump. Only you know if you can stick it out of your mind & enjoy your days away.

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Sat 11-Aug-18 08:55:48

Thanks lljkk that's kind of what I was thinking. We will be in the UK, so I guess I could go to a walk-in clinic if it gets worse.

OP’s posts: |
MilesJuppIsMyBitch Sat 11-Aug-18 10:01:38

Hi OP. I'm NOT A DOCTOR but it could be a swollen lymph node.

You should definitely go to the doctors though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in