Mini pill - help!

(2 Posts)
Kja19kent Wed 01-Aug-18 00:48:40

I was put on cerazette years ago and was on it for a good 2 years never had any problems with it and no bleeding what so ever and I came off of it fine.

5 months ago I wanted to go back on it my gp put me on Desogestrel which she claimed is the same thing. 4 months passed and no problems what so ever.

I don’t know if this makes any difference but I’ll add it in anyway last Monday (23/07/18) I had a smear test and it hurt more then it had in the past.

On Saturday (28/07/18) I started to spotting it’s very light to the point where I don’t need a tampax or a pad as it is so light I’m not even marking any underwear it’s just there when I wipe when I go to the loo. It’s very red and fresh it’s not dark or anything. I know you can bleed on the mini pill it’s just I haven’t ever had that before and the first 4 months I had nothing. I highly doubt it has anything to do with my smear test but I don’t know it’s strange. I’m also getting light period cramps every so often that only last a short time then they go and I’m still spotting now.

And what’s stressing me out more is I’m due to go abord on a first family holiday in years in September and I don’t want the spotting to spoil it.

OP’s posts: |
Honey2468 Wed 01-Aug-18 21:52:36

You haven’t been bleeding very long so it might stop but it can go in for months/years or indefinitely with this pill. I would t panic yet though they say it takes a year for it to settle down/ improve a bit. Hope this helps!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in